sdecc is a Not for Profit organisation which specialises in providing free counselling and support for young people aged 12 -25 with problematic alcohol and other drugs (AOD) use and their families across the Northern Sydney region.
sdecc works within a family inclusive, trauma informed framework and our highly qualified counsellors understand the complexities of AOD use, including any mental health issues.
A society that supports people with problematic use of alcohol and other drugs together with any related mental health concerns, minimizes related harms and empowers those people to live a fulfilling and healthy life.
To empower Young People, their families and communities to minimize the harms associated with their problematic use of alcohol and other drugs.
What we do
- We provide outcome focused counselling and support services for Young People aged 12-25 with problematic use of alcohol and other drugs, and their families.
- Our model of care is trauma informed, evidence-based and acknowledges the complexity of co-occurring mental health and substance use issues.
- We help communities to build the capacity to support Young People and their families facing these issues.
Our Strategic Priorities
- High quality, outcomes focused, evidence-based service delivery
- Our people
- Growth, reach and influence
- Governance and resource management